Bachelor of Science with a concentration in Accounting
Certified Public Accountants, Certified Fraud Examiners, and Certified Government Financial Managers shall be considered additional qualifications for the position.
$40,000+ depending on experience and accreditation
Positions open throughout West Virginia
Audit local governments and subdivisions in accordance with professional standards; prepare audit documentation, audit reports and findings. Includes audits performed in accordance with OMB requirements. Meet with government officials and advise management. Daily travel required and overnight travel may be necessary. Training period approximately 4 to 6 months.
The Audit Assistant monitors and manages the audit workflow in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to ensure that audits are completed appropriately and timely.
This position is responsible for ensuring the efficient and timely completion of a variety of projects and provides support to various members of administrative staff.
The ideal candidate for this position must be a self-starter who can successfully perform job duties under time constraints and against tight deadlines.
Qualified candidates must possess excellent organizational skills, have demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal
skills and be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external clients.
Required technical skills include a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe, and standard office equipment.
The primary duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- • Ensuring that audits are processed and completed appropriately, including: making corrections to audits, creating draft audit reports, and monitoring workflow to ensure the efficient and timely completion of audits.
- • Assisting with coordinating continuing professional education events for field staff, and occasionally providing on-site support during events.
- • Ordering office supplies, paying various bills, managing memberships and publications.
- • Handling building maintenance and office equipment issues and serving as the main contact for the building owner and cleaning company.
- • Handling outbound and inbound calls.
- • Managing accounts receivable including, generating invoices, monthly statements for delinquent accounts and establishing payments plans, making collection calls, and posting and reconciling deposits using internal accounting systems.
- • Creating various documents and correspondence using Excel, Word, and Adobe, and planning and processing various mass mailings.
- • Providing support to all levels of Chief Inspector management and administrative staff and performing other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
- • Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- • Salary range $34,000-$39,000
- • Benefits include a defined benefit pension plan, health care, vision and dental plans, paid vacation and sick leave, optional 457 deferred compensation plan, and life insurance.
The West Virginia State Auditor's Office, Auditing Division, has an immediate opening for an individual to fill a full-time position of Audit Clerk.
Four-year degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, business administration, business information systems or a related field. Substitution: Full-time experience in wvOASIS - Financial Accounts Payable may be considered equivalent to educational credentials.
Experience and Skills
Full-time experience in wvOASIS - Financial Accounts Payable is desired
1900 Kanawha Boulevard East,
Main Capitol Building
The position requires reviewing payment requests submitted electronically in the wvOASIS system by all state agencies in accordance with the policies and procedures set forth by the West Virginia State Auditor's Office,
Legislative Rule Title 155, State Purchasing Division guidelines and West Virginia code. The supporting documentation must meet contractual agreements, grant award, purchase orders and/or other binding agreement requirements.
The position requires a working knowledge in Microsoft Office with a proficiency in Excel. The job requires an individual to follow both verbal and written instructions and to be a self-motivated learner. The position also requires
an individual to have positive customer service skills and the willingness to be a team player to accomplish a common goal.
or Mail to
West Virginia State Auditor's Office
Attn: David Sull
1900 Kanawha Blvd. E.
Building 1, Room W-100
Charleston, WV 25305